Saturday 12 July 2008

Cricut fold-it bows cut file







After viewing a 'Hot of the Press' template 'Fold it bows', being used I thought I would try and see if I could replicate some of the bows to use in my craft work. I have replicated both the Wendy Bow and the Claire bow using DS and the shapes on the GBS Cartridge. I haven't yet cut the file out, but I am confident it will work! The fold-it bows pictured here were made by a cricut board member "Magic Wanda", who had downloaded the cut file.



First Bow:

1. Cut out the bow and make note of where the folds are.
2. Take the right hand fold line and fold it behind, then take the right hand fold and fold it on top.
3. Slip the cut that is on top into the other two cuts.
4. Fold the left hand loop forward to make a 'puffy' bow!
5. Pierce a hole in the centre of the bow through all layers and secure in place with a brad.


Second bow:

1. Cut out the bow and make note of where the folds are.
2. Starting from the left end, fold the circle shape forward on the fine fold line.
3. Now the next fold line fold under.
4. Repeat steps 2 and 3 starting from the right side.
5. Pierce a hole in the centre of the bow through all layers and secure in place with a brad.

2 comments:

craftaddict said...

Thanks for this and the cut files. I saw some similar bows made from vellum so although I do not have the carts you used I will try to adapt with what I have.
I also got inspiration from your onsie file and managed to create one. Thanks for sharing
eileen paul

MaryNSC said...

I Just LOVE THIS!!!